School of Psychology
Understanding experiences with breast implants
Researchers at UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales) are seeking volunteer research participants for a research project to investigate unwanted symptoms following breast implant surgery, including those experiencing Breast Implant Illness.
Am I eligible to participate?
You will be eligible to participate if you are:
- Are fluent in English
- Have undergone breast implant surgery.
- Have experienced unwanted physical or psychological symptoms following breast implant surgery.
The study may be of particular interest to you if you:
- Have experienced unwanted side effects of breast implants.
- Believe you are experiencing Breast Implant Illness.
What would happen if I took part in the research study?
If you decide to take part you would be asked to:
- Complete a skype-based interview about your experiences (approximately 30 minutes)
Will I be paid to take part in the research study?
There are no additional costs associated with participation in this study. You will be reimbursed $20AUD per hour for your participation.
Who do I contact if I want more information or want to take part in the study?
If you would like to participate in the study, please enter this link into your browser: https://unswpsy.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_895facnFCikfmkt
If you would like more information, please contact:
Name: Dr Jill Newby, Chief Investigator
HREC Approval Number: HC190578 Study 2, Version 1 dated: 19 August 2019